The climate in our part of the South Island is very similar to the Northern United States; we are not far from the 45th parallel.
WHAT TO BRING
• Layering is the mantra
• A mid-weight fleece for cooler days
• Thin wool or synthetic long underwear
• Lightweight quick drying pants and shirts
• Lightweight Gore-Tex rain jacket
• Insect repellent clothing is very effective
• Buff headwear
• Sun gloves
• Breathable waders and rubber soled wading shoes without studs
• Wading socks with gravel guards included
• Hat, sunscreen and lip protection
• Insect repellent
• Digital camera
• Polarized sunglasses in brown and amber colored lenses
• Small day pack or hip pack
• Whole Season New Zealand Fishing License
• Backcountry License required and obtained with Full Season License Number
• 9ft 5 or 6 weight 4pc Fly Rods
• Floating fly lines with drab colored lines
• 9-12ft leaders with 3x-5x tippet spools
• Dry Flies:
• Royal Wulff #10-14
• Parachute Madam X #8-12
• Parachute Adams #10-16
• Foam Hopper Patterns #8-12
• Cicada Patterns
Nymphs and Wets:
• Bead head Hares Ear #8-16
• Possie Bugger #10-14
• Copper Johns Red #12-16
• Mid to small #8-12 Stonefly Nymphs
• Cone head Streamer Patterns
We do carry a full assortment of productive patterns at the lodge.
Our guides carry flies, leaders, floatant and other essentials including weigh nets to aid in releasing your fish.
Can I show up with my hat and sunglasses? Will Cedar Lodge have the rest?
Yes, Cedar Lodge has boots, waders, wading socks, shirts, sun gloves, insect repellent, rods, reels, lines, flies, leaders, and tippets. We realize you might want to travel light and we can take care of your fishing equipment needs while you are with us at no extra cost.
For further inquiries, e-mail us at Info@cedarlodge.net
* Transfers to and from the lodge from the Queenstown airport are available upon request.
All helicopter flights are operated by Fox Franz Heliservices Ltd. CAA AOC #88797